Tuesday, March 18, 2008

JP Ricciardi is pure evil

You all know what I mean. He's behind closed doors, doing seedy and objectionable things. He's constantly thinking of ways to screw the fans out of their money, meanwhile running his team into the ground. He sits in the dark, curling his moustache (invisible, maybe... But all good villains have them) and counting his money. Meanwhile, doctors are bringing in disturbing reports about the health (or lack there of) of his players, and he scoffs at them. Why should he care about their health?

Sometimes I almost think that this is what people imagine goes on behind closed doors. Ricciardi doesn't care about the $47 million dollar arm and important part of the pitching staff. It doesn't matter that he has a vested interest in him for a few more years now... Ricciardi is purposely rushing him back!

I'm sure by now you realize that I'm trying to find a clever way to lead into the news that BJ Ryan did not feel quite right yesterday in his outing against the Pirates.

Anyway, I call bullshit on the evil. In reality, the conversation was probably more like this:

BJ: "I want to pitch."
JP: "How do you feel."
BJ: "Fantastic."
JP: "How does he really feel?"
Doctor: "All reports say he's fine to pitch."
JP: "Great."

People want to think JP is purposely rushing him back, an act of desperation or something. I'm pretty sure JP is aware that he has at least one other closer option in the bullpen. And I'm sure he would be more than comfortable to let Accardo stand in for the first month if he felt it was necessary.

Guess what? The doctor cleared him to pitch. Ryan feels ready to pitch. Ryan wants to pitch. Should they shelf him? But Lindsay! It takes like 12 months to come back from TJS! Generally. But really, every arm is different. Personally, I think I'll take the word of the licensed medical professional. I don't know shit about rehabbing ligament replacement, and I'm quite sure that most of the people that are blaming the staff do either.

Chances are good anyway that it's just normal pains. If it's not, I'm sure they'll shut him down.

At least we know that Ryan is smart enough to let them know about the aches and pains. If he was trying to make himself a hero by rushing himself in to hit the DL during the second week of April, I doubt he would've mentioned it at all.

Also, Marty York wrote an article for the Metro about the Yankees today. He calls them deranged and evil. Well done, Marty. I think that was the perfect amount of drama. I personally appreciate you documenting the cat-fight between Hank Steinbrenner and well... Everyone. Also, apparently Papelbon is a mouse. Good one, Hank. Then again, York wrote it, so I'm inclined to believe that every word is complete and utter bullshit. Write on, Mr. York. Write on.

Anyway, televised game tomorrow. Tallet's starting, oddly enough.

1 comment:

amoeckel said...

I'M COMMENTING ON A POST THAT WAS WRITTEN BEFORE YOU EVEN THOUGHT YOU'D EVER KNOW ME!