Tuesday, January 22, 2008

If You're Driving/Riding in Ottawa

... Then this post is for you. Time to get into rant mode folks!

If the little bonhomme is lit up on the walk sign, that means you don't have the right to hit me with your car.
You also are a douche-bag for getting pissed off that I'm walking on a pedestrian crosswalk at the appropriate time. Learn how driving works. Protip: Don't hit people walking. The man doesn't like it.


If you park on the crosswalk, you're an asshole. Period.
If it's an honest mistake, I'll be pissed... But at least I won't contemplate kicking your vehicle. But my biggest pet peeve are the people who pull up on the crosswalk because it will get them through the light a second or two before the person beside them. Of course, it doesn't matter. You can maybe gain one second on your commute. Maybe. Sure, I guess that's worth me and the woman in the wheelchair trying to get around the nose of your SUV while dodging transport trucks and soccer moms. Thanks asshole.

If the bus is filled, you move your shit so people can sit down.
Honestly, I thought this was just common sense. If you've got luggage, I can understand (seriously though, just take a cab, tightwad). Today I was on the most packed bus I've ever been on, and there was a guy in the back who felt his backpack needed its own personal seat. Maybe I wouldn't have been being pushed into the stairs if he had realized that there might be people who want to sit down.

Seriously... Some days I really wish natural selection still applied. I'd be dead (hurray for poor sight!) but there would certainly be fewer stupid people in the world. These people would all be dead after petting a cute and cuddly wolverine or something.

In baseball news..
Well, calling it news is a stretch... But crappy Metro sports writer Marty York came out with a gem about Eric Hinske crying at a football game. A number of blogs have already snarked about it, so I'll spare you my considerably less funny snark. I definitely picked up my copy and showed it to my sister though. Hilarity ensued. I knew that a person with such an amusing picture of Hinske on her fridge still from like 3 years ago would enjoy it.

In case you're wondering, the picture I'm referring to was published in the Star... The picture was of Hinske on his knees after sliding home, waiting for a safe call. He was dirty, smiling, and on his knees, and in big, bold letters above his head read: "Hinske knows his place"... Classic.

Overdose?
On a somewhat random note, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment this afternoon. They think that it was drug related; foul play is not suspected. I liked many of his movies, honestly. Bad choices catching up to him, I guess.

It's a shame, but it's just another victim of the Hollywood lifestyle.

I guess the new Batman movie premiering this summer is going to have a shadow of a different kind hanging over it.

No comments: